All Day Private Wellington Lord of the Rings Filming Location tour
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Wellington, Wellington
- Product code: dtlotr
As this may be your only chance to visit Wellington, we make the most of this all day exploration of the Wellington film industry and filming locations with a full 10 hour experience! If you don't have time, contact us directly - we're happy to tailor make a shorter tour to suit your specific needs.
We will visit Weta Workshop, the Roxy Cinema and the best Lord of the Rings filming locations in Wellington and the Hutt Valley, where you can take lots of photos, see how scenes were created, and even reenact the scenes if you wish!
Start in central Wellington
- Mount Victoria summit lookout
- Wellington Town Belt for our first filming locations:
“Shortcut to mushrooms” & “Get off the road!”
“Sam! Wood-Elves!” scene
Fleeing the Ringwraiths - “Right, Buckleberry Ferry!”
- Weta Workshop, creators of physical props and digital effects for LOTR and many other films to enjoy a behind the scenes tour and special documentary.
- Lunch at the Roxy Cinema - a beautiful a cinema and a must see for film buffs.
- Owhiro Bay, aka The Black Gate.
- Poet’s Park, aka the River Anduin.
- Harcourt Park, aka the Gardens of Isengard, home to the wizard Saruman.
- Upper Hutt where Aragorn was rescued by the horse, Brego.
- Kaitoke Regional Park for a light picnic of coffee/tea and light refreshments, before exploring Rivendell, one of the most beautiful places in all Middle-earth!
- Hutt River at a secret location from The Two Towers - Extended Edition.
Finish back in Wellington City